- I would rate my week 7 out of 10 and you can’t ask for more than that
- The attempt to buy a flat rumbles on like an extremely slow and tedious rollercoaster. Harriet is amazing (she didn’t write this honest).
- Wednesday night I went to the London Stadium to watch West Ham v Liverpool. Sat in the West Ham end. Was shitting myself a bit before the game but it was fine. I’m extremely glad I got to see the best Liverpool team of my life but wish they’d had to try a bit harder.
- The London Stadium is dire, and I feel sorry for West Ham fans having to go there every other week. The pre- and post-match experience pretty much consists of waddling through huge crowds in the middle of nowhere waiting for excessive security checks, with no pubs, no chip shops, nothing to look at, nothing to do except walk around Westfield shopping centre. Proper grim. J.G. Ballard FC.
- Been watching the latest series of Top Boy. Really good, full of very human protrayals of very bleak realities. More overtly political than I remember the previous series being.
- Sad to hear about Andy Gill of Gang of Four passing away yesterday. Spent a lot of teenage hours trying and failing to make my stratocaster copy sound like this.
- Was lucky enough to meet him very briefly a few years ago. Was asking him about Leeds in the 70s expecting him to be all misty-eyed and he said it was an absolute shithole and that he couldn’t wait to leave. Said he liked Huddersfield though, so fair dos.