- Just finished work for Christmas. Truly feel like I’d run out of energy there.
- I’ve got 2 and a half weeks off now, including a few days on the Northern Irish coast. Recuperating via pastoral bleakness. Need a good book and maybe a dog.
- Nearly finished reading Ursula Le Guin’s Left Hand of Darkness. Maybe the third or fourth of her books that I’ve read. They’re so good, ideas everywhere and constantly asking interesting questions. Probs gonna read more.
- I enjoyed this article about ULG’s “carrier bag theory of fiction”
- Where do people find out about decent contemporary sci-fi and fantasy? I really enjoyed N.K. Jemisin’s Broken Earth trilogy last year but haven’t heard about much else recently.
- Pre-ordered Lou Downe’s Good Services, looks beaut
- That’s a lot of stuff about reading. I actually spend most of my time eating, sleeping and being stuck on the tube.
- Genuinely astounded that Carlo Ancelotti could be arsed with being the Everton manager. It’s a shame, I liked the guy. The best eyebrow in football.